COURSE DESCRIPTION – 5 days
Individuals wishing to become an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) must complete one hardware and one software exam at a minimum. This five day course encompasses both aspects. Three days are spent preparing for the hardware exam and two days for the software exam. The course is a mixture of leader-led theory and extensive hands on practicals including take apart sessions on the latest Apple desktop and portable hardware.
The hardware exam allows an individual to focus on how Apple Desktop and Portable computers function and how to troubleshoot them.
The OS requirement is to ensure that technicians have the knowledge to quickly and efficiently differentiate between software and hardware issues. The software exam is specific to the Mac Operating System OS X v10.11 Troubleshooting Exam.
The course is conducted in English and delivered in co-operation with Amsys Ltd.
DET VIL DU LÆRE
Individuals wishing to become an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT).
- DAY 1:
- Basic Computer Theory & Terminology
- Underlying Technologies
- Troubleshooting and Administrative Reference Tools and Materials
- Hardware Service Issues
- Troubleshooting Tools, Diagnostics and Utilities General
- Troubleshooting Theory
- Apple Professional Hardware Troubleshooting (Component Isolation)
- DAY 2:
- Technician Safety & Accidental Damage
- How to identify Accidental Damage on an Apple Computer, how to deal with informing the customer and how to process the repair.
- Power Management
- Apple Recommended Hardware Tools
- Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD’s)
- Networking Theory & Troubleshooting Apple Desktop & Display Range
- Apple Portable Specific Theory Apple Portable Range
- DAY 3:
- Take-Apart Labs
- DAY 4:
- Installing OS X v10.11 and using the Recovery Partition
- File Systems
- Managing Users and Permissions
- Security and Privacy
- Applications and Troubleshooting
- iCloud and Messages
- DAY 5:
- Printing and Other Peripherals
- Time Machine OSX Networking, File Sharing and Internet Access
- Troubleshooting Tools and Tips
- OSX Boot Process, Startup and Login
- Processes involved in loading up the system and logging in to a User Account